Fragging frog spawn

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a new frag it's a head of frog spawn that had broken from a larger colony it has a pretty long horn looking bone that is hard to fit any where I want to trim the old growth off so I can glue it to a plug or the scape do I just trim it I little away from the white growth I have it nestled in my rocks and it's gonna be hard to get a picture I have a bonsai tool for trimming limbs that's looks very much like a bone cutter I wanna snip it like a half inch from the new white growth and glue it to something

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend not using bone cutters on frogspawn. It may work, but it also may either just crush the skeleton or even send cracks up the length of it into the the meaty parts. A Drexel, hacksaw, etc works fine...some sort of blade to cut is best.

OP
OP
S

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend not using bone cutters on frogspawn. It may work, but it also may either just crush the skeleton or even send cracks up the length of it into the the meaty parts. A Drexel, hacksaw, etc works fine...some sort of blade to cut is best.
Thank you that's what I was afraid of and just the answer I was looking for I'll get a nice clean hack saw blade

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back