CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grape montipora capricornus.
Free to a good home. Just come get it.
In bright light, it has some nice color. I've been abusing this on my sand bed. It has bright lavender polyps. I have some green monti-cap to.
6d587488df94cce384dff4d395b07b47.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is really the only SPS I like. Maybe I can get some tips to try one at the next meeting.

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really the only SPS I like. Maybe I can get some tips to try one at the next meeting.

Well, you're sure welcome to some! As far as tips, I can only say they are one of the two most forgiving SPS IMO, the other being birdsnest.

Pretty! How hard are these to grow?

It's all so subjective, but if you have good alk and calcium levels, either by supplementing or frequent water changes, I'd say go for it. They'll let you know if they are getting enough light - they grow more vertical, reaching up to get more light, or, will tend to table out flat in more intense light, in my experience.

Scrappy RN

I'm your Huckleberry!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you're sure welcome to some! As far as tips, I can only say they are one of the two most forgiving SPS IMO, the other being birdsnest.

It's all so subjective, but if you have good alk and calcium levels, either by supplementing or frequent water changes, I'd say go for it. They'll let you know if they are getting enough light - they grow more vertical, reaching up to get more light, or, will tend to table out flat in more intense light, in my experience.

Ok, thanks! If you have any left I'd love a piece then :) My alk and Ca are good! If you don't then maybe next time!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 140 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back