frogspawn polyp bailout????

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their pretty tough and will survive like mushrooms if you get them in time.

M.I.A Don't worry I'll be found!

OP
OP
alliecat

alliecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha who knew. I think it will be happier where I put it and won't keep having to slough off glue. Keeping fingers crossed!

OP
OP
alliecat

alliecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd post an update... Frogspawn is still alive it kinda tumbled into a little hole in the rock I couldn't get it out of and I thought it was just gonna stay stuck in there and melt away but it's been open. Can't tell if any skeleton has formed because the bottom of it is in a hole but it seems to like it there... Was wondering when I should try to target feed it when it was on the original skeleton it liked to be target fed. Would also like to note that I took some advice in regards to tank dosing from my lfs and have switched from kent trace elements to brightwell liquid reef. He said its much more concentrated than what I've been using and shouldn't have to dose anything separately using it. It was expensive good thing I had store credit...
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1380204461.371220.jpg

Warddman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but I wonder if it survived? Mine is now doing the same thing

1455419801161.jpg

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for coming g late on this one but my frogspawn is sliding off the Skelton too.

How can I glue the flesh of the polyp ? Can some explain that to me please?
Thx

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Seldom do they recover once abandoned from coral. Do you by chance have leather coral ?
Many leather coral species produce and release toxic chemicals, called terpenes, into the water to protect themselves and to stunt the growth of other species. One of the biggest problems I have seen beginner hobbyists have is failing to account for the calcium demand for these corals. If there is insufficient calcium in your aquarium water, these corals will not be able to make their coral skeleton. You should also never lift a torch coral out of the water if you can avoid it. You could tear the polyps, and torn polyps are prone to infection followed by necrosis
Torch require typical parameters including a temperature around 78 degrees, a specific gravity of about 1.025, ph of about 8.2, and a calcium level of about 400 ppm. Like most large polyp stony corals, a torch coral benefits from moderate water flow. The polyps will remain retracted and under-inflated if the water current is too fast because the large flowing polyps are prone to rip and tear in high or ultra-high current environments.
The torch coral is a photosynthetic coral, meaning it has a relationship with symbiotic zooxanthellae (single-cell photosynthetic organisms) that live inside its tissues that converts the light energy into sugar. In exchange for a home inside the coral, the zooxanthellae split their harvest and feed the coral. Therefore, it is possible to keep the Torch coral without any feeding at all. However, all corals are animals, and animals are meant to eat.
The best placement for a torch coral is in a location that gets moderate water flow and moderate-intensity lighting.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a photo? If it's still attached I would place in a low flow area and check all your parameters. How long have you had it?
Several months. Half bailed out but I think the rest will do the same shortly

Attachments

• 20211006_215913.jpg
    20211006_215913.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 42

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 97 80.8%
  • Other.

Back