• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: ASD Holy Grail Torch, Malaysian Miami Torch, CC Goldfinger Torch, Grim Reaper Torch, Other Torches Available

Item Price
99.99 - 859.99
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torches For Sale
All Torches are AQUACULTURED (Not Wild)

ASD Holy Grail Torch (WYSIWYG)
asd-holy-grail-blue.jpg

Malaysian Miami Torch (WYSIWYG)
malaysian-miami-torch-blue.jpg

CC Goldfinger Torch
indo-gold-torch-single.jpg

Grim Reaper Torch
grim-reaper-torch.jpg

SEE MORE HAMMER/TORCHES HERE

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just asking.. How would you prove it was an actual ASD Holy Grail?
asd is an lfs. Anyone who bought anything from asd will get some form of receipt. That is one way of proving that the item you have is lineaged to asd.

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
asd is an lfs. Anyone who bought anything from asd will get some form of receipt. That is one way of proving that the item you have is lineaged to asd.
Playing devils advocate...
So say there is a receipt from Aqua SD and it is purchased because there was proof of lineage, would the buyer ask for a receipt and a copy of the original receipt for there own proof?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So say there is a receipt from Aqua SD and it is purchased because there was proof of lineage, would the buyer ask for a receipt and a copy of the original receipt for there own proof?
And who’s to say the never bought one and this is a different one? Back in the day it was a lot easier but today with so many transships and the same corals coming in who knows… lineage used to sorta help but I don’t think so much any more.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I would. For the amount of it being asked I want to know I am paying for the real deal and not a $100 transshipped asd look alike.

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I would. For the amount of it being asked I want to know I am paying for the real deal and not a $100 transshipped asd look alike.
I agree. I'm also looking for a ASD Holy Grail or regular holy grail. I just don't know If a copy of a receipt is enough proof.

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I never got a notification on these posts.

As was mentioned, these days it's tough to prove lineage. The original colony is from another hobbyist that may be able to provide lineage, but that means you're treating every person in the chain on this.

The only real way to know these days is by looking at color and tentacle thickness / length.

I can guarantee that it is not Trans shipped or wild in any way. I only sell aquacultured torches. There would be no benefit to anyone involved to lie about because I'm focused on continued customers, not just the short game like others.

Hopefully this helps a little. Feel free to check out some of the testimonials on my website and Facebook page as well :)

If I come up with a way to prove lineage, I'll try to let yall know. I don't know if it really holds weight though as some of you mentioned because it's something that people can fake...

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I'm also looking for a ASD Holy Grail or regular holy grail. I just don't know If a copy of a receipt is enough proof.
I am curious since I haven't been asked to prove lineage before and I think this is an interesting topic...

What kind of proof would satisfy high end collectors?

I agree that receipts can be both fakes and there is no way to guarantee they weren't swapped at some point. I've always purchased with trust and asked the lineage verbally. But I'm just curious what others would look for.

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am curious since I haven't been asked to prove lineage before and I think this is an interesting topic...

What kind of proof would satisfy high end collectors?

I agree that receipts can be both fakes and there is no way to guarantee they weren't swapped at some point. I've always purchased with trust and asked the lineage verbally. But I'm just curious what others would look for.
Trust but verify.. But how do you verify?
Exactly. Anybody can tell a story of where there ASD came from maybe even send some emails to verify the story. I guess it's a matter of seeing the Torch in person and verify tbe undeniable coloration. Following to see what high end collects have to say. Thank-you for starting this tread.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back