OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott! I'll take the full stunner if you still have it. :)
It's yours. I removed and sold the bottom right piece of it (about two 2" pieces) to a guy in my office yesterday, but the rest (which is all of it that is flat against the back wall) is still there. I test pried the top away with a large putty knife and it seems willing to separate from the back without cracking, so I am reasonably sure I can get most of it away in one piece. Will send you a PM with contact info. Thanks.

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated list at top of this thread. Added small mushroom rock and green/brown palys (the typical button polyp with green center that glows even brighter green in actinics).

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott: Would love to get some of the Zoas if you have any left,trying to get my zoa garden built back up after feedind the file fish for two months

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Runner: Been trying to get ahold of you,I'm intrested in the zoas,the Tubbs blues colony and the Pink radial colony.Will be at the club meeting tomarrow hopeing we could hook up and if your coming bring them with you?

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Sorry about that. I was traveling this week and hadn't checked in here. I still have a good size colony of each. I won't be able to make the meeting, though, because of my son's basketball game being at the same time (and I coach the team so I can't miss it even if he wanted to skip out and go to the meeting). Will PM my cell number so we can make other arrangements.

EDIT: Given that the meeting is in my neighborhood, I should be able to make the meeting late. We can leave the meeting and go a few blocks over to my house to get the zoanthids if you are still interested. Let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given that the meeting is in my neighborhood, I should be able to make the meeting late. We can leave the meeting and go a few blocks over to my house to get the zoanthids if you are still interested. Let me know.

UPDATED LIST (23 FEB 2013)
  • Chalk basslet: $10
  • Green Clown Goby: $5 SOLD
  • Spotted Watchman Goby: $10 SOLD
  • Tiger Pistol Shrimp: $10 SOLD
  • Pencil urchin: $5
  • Firefish (2): $15 for both (need to verify in good shape)
  • Zoanthids, Pink radial paly/zoa (similar to zombie eyes): $10 for ~15 polyps (loose); $20 for 30+ colony
  • Zoanthids, Tubbs Blues: $25 for ~50 polyps (1 colony)
  • Zoanthids, Reverse Gorilla Nipples (original colony photo, see here for better idea): $10 for 10+ polyps (3 frags)
  • Palys, large brown with green centers, 4 to 5 polyps: $10 (4 frags)
  • Hollywood Stunner Chalice frag (~2"): 8" colony for $50 SOLD
  • Mushroom Rock, small, with 5 small blue/purple mushrooms: $10
  • Mushrooms, Blue/Purple: $5 for 1 large or 2 medium size.
See Photo 1 and Photo 2 for pics of the original colonies of these zoanthids corals.

Last edited:

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to know if you still have the firefish. If so, do you have pics of them? I will be in Knoxville next weekend and may be interested. Thanx.

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are alive, I still have them. They were in my filter area last I saw them so it would be hard to get photos. Planned to break down that tank this weekend and take the basslet, urchin, and firefish to Aquatic Marine, but I'll hold them for you in my frag tank if they are still in good condition.

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if they are alive and healthy, I'd be interested in getting them. I'd still like to have a photo though. They would be going in my daughter's new 10 gallon, so I gotta make sure that's what she likes. Is this what we are talking about?
uzune8yb.jpg

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking on the firefish. Did you find them and are they doing good? Also, do you still have any of the corals that you listed?

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Sorry about taking so long to get back to you -- have been sick the last three days and still haven't broken down the tank. Yes, that's what they look like and no, I haven't been able to see if they are still in there.

As for corals, about the only ones I have left are some of the more common stuff:
  • Palys, large brown with green centers, 4 to 5 polyps: $10 (4 frags)
  • Mushroom Rock, small, with 5 small blue/purple mushrooms: $10
  • Mushrooms, Blue/Purple: $5 for 1 large or 2 medium size.
I have one frag of the tubs and a couple pink radial frags left as well, but not 100% sure sitting here at work what their size and condition would be. I have a couple of the RGN zoanthids as well, but they haven't taken well to being glued to the frag tiles.

I'll see if I can do something to the tank in the next couple of days to at least verify the safety of the firefish.

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanx. Just let me know what you find out. I might be interested in some of the corals as well.

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but fell off the face of the earth again due to extended sicknesses in my family. Just getting back around to the tanks now. Will clean them up and empty the cube this weekend and see what I have left.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope the family gets better. I have flue now....hoping I don't pass it aro uh nd my family.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fell off the face of the earth for another 4 weeks because extended sickness weakened my immune system to the point I got shingles -- accross the right side of my head and in my right eye. Worst thing I've ever experienced (including compared to 3 weeks of tooth pain). Got light sensitive to the point I couldn't even stand to look at a monitor and missed quite a bit of work because I couldn't drive. Good news is I'm finally on the mend. Bad news is I'm going through withdrawal from pain killers and sleeping aids. Hoo ah.

I also finally broke down the tank and did not find firefish (must have died back in there who knows when). Everything left went to Aquatic Marine on trade in (very fair trade in, too, I thought). Been circulating RO and vinegar in my tank to clean it out. Rocks all dried out. When I feel back to 100% I'll restart it.

Still have some stuff in my frag tank, but onlh the palys and mushrooms are worth buying. Have a tubbs blue been holding for "cee", too. Suppose I should call him. I intend to sell of that frag tank, too, so please check out that thread if interested.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back