• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Gauging interest in trade: My 30+ polyp CB Bloodshot Krakatoas for your large, high end hammer

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown needs a potential host, and the only thing he has found acceptable in my tank this far is an open brain that I don't want him near. As I will soon be tackling a rescape, I have the ability to trade a 30 polyp colony of CB Bloodshot Kraks for a hammer of similar value. I AM NOT looking for common. Won't respond to folks who post up pictures of common green or purple hammers. I want something that will be of similar value and of similar showstoppingness.

This is what I have:

CB_bloodshot_Krakatoa.jpg

This was the stock image from the CB auction on ebay that I won for a single large adult polyp. The colors were fairly accurate, but CB always increases the luminance and saturation in his photos.

The photo below shows two colonies. The one in the lower center (just below the digitata and to its right. I have not counted all of the polyps, but looks to be around 30 (probably some smaller ones in the back behind and below, so probably more than 30).
IFF_8059.jpg

Here is what must happen for this to be a valid trade.

Me: I will pack this colony up in a hard plastic screw top container, and then bag that up and pack inside of a styrofoam coral shipping box packed with newspaper and with a 40 hour heat pack taped to the inside of the top lid. Package will be shipped overnight with Fedex (I pay for shipping you my coral) and will be valued at $500. In the even of a DOA shipment, I will pursue the insurance from Fedex and you will receive that insurance when/if it comes through. You MUST provide the address of your local Fedex pick up for delivery. I will not ship to a home address in the winter - and I expect the same. Box is to be opened at Fedex to ensure live delivery. In the event of DOA, have Fedex document. I HAVE ZERO PESTS, and I expect the same from what I receive from you. I will document packaging with photos and provide you the tracking info when dropped off.

You: Post GOOD QUALITY images in this thread as to what you have available for potential trades. If I am interested, I will reply to your post. If we agree on terms for a trade, you will pack your coral in as safe a manner as you are able, triple bag, place inside an insulated coral shipping box inside of an inner plastic bag liner, pad with newspaper all around, and tape a 40 hour heat pack to the inside of the top cover ensuring lots of newspaper fill to prevent the heat pack from heating up the coral too much. If you don't have a 40 hour heat pack, you can buy a package of 4 from amazon for like 12 bucks (what I did to get ready for this potential trade). You will ship to my local Fedex (you pay to ship your coral) overnight hold for pickup, and you will value your coral at $500 also and pay the added insurance fee. In the event that your coral is DOA, I will open and document that right at the Fedex pickup point, and I will receive the insurance payout from Fedex when/if it comes through. You will provide me with photos of the packing procedure and tracking info from Fedex when dropped off. If you are unwilling/unable to live by these terms, have a nice day and please do not post in this thread.

Please note - I am very specific about what I want in my tank, so please do not include any freebies.

Let me know what all you might have available for trade!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back