Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg
IMG_6614.jpeg
IMG_6606.jpeg
IMG_6604.jpeg

Had some time at work to cut out/fabricate some brackets for DT lights out of 316 stainless. After USPS lost my 40-20 slotted aluminum the company I ordered from finally decided to send another order a month later. Seems my fully adjustable concept worked out good! Height adjustable by changing pin locations. To get everything re-centered used some leftover heim joints at work allowing me to loosen jam nuts and turn bars to adjust lengths to compensate for the adjustable angles. Also will be nice to lift lights up out of the way for tank management and just locking them up out of the way by sliding a pin out and in. Had to order swagged tubing for the quanta bars. Waited until I got my slotted aluminum and everything mounted so I could get correct length of tube measurements. Hopefully will have them mounted by next weekend. Then onto figuring out cord management for the lights.
Excellent man!

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much progress sadly…today I got the stand built for a brute can mixing station. FedEx strikes again and took 3 rounds of order/shipping to receive my brute cans! First were lost and second they said were delivered but photo and signature was not my house! Hopefully get it painted this week and plumbed. Progress is slow as we welcomed our third boy a few weeks ago. So household has been a bit crazy! Already scheduled appointment for the ol’ snip snip .

Have an extra jebao DCP 13000 return pump. I’m sure it’s way overkill for a mixing station. Also I’ve saw some say it’s ok externally mounted and some say not. The instructions included say it can be mounted externally so I’m going with that. Hopefully more progress soon!

Attachments

• IMG_6752.jpeg
    IMG_6752.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the mixing station/ATO about wrapped up! I’ve got to get another valve for the RO bucket fill outlet and decide what hose type for pump outlet. Sadly took way longer than I was expecting but hey it’s progress.

IMG_6771.jpeg
IMG_6770.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back