Geisenman aurora or ATI hybrid T5? And what size?

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea reefer 450 which is 59"x20"x22" tall. I'm going to switch from my radions to one of these I think. My tank is now dominant sps and I'm just not getting the growth i think the T5 guys are. So first which fixture does everyone prefer? And for my size tank 48" should be good right? There isn't anything but open water on the end 5-6" of each side of the tank.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have the same exact tank with a 48" Aurora. I have no issues growing SPS towards the ends of the tank. I'm running the fixture a little higher AWL though, so it helps with spread at the ends. I came from having 5 AI Primes on the tank, so I'm still trying to dial the Giesemann in with different bulb combos and LED intensities. I have noticed far more growth on my Red Planet though with the Giesemann. I always shoot a video of my tank once a month for documentation, but I got really busy with my business about the time I swapped over to the Aurora. So I don't have a video of it yet with the new fixture.

Edit: I forgot to add, it's an amazing fixture... absolutely stunning looking!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back