Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gem tang here with upper and lower fin recession. I was told it was possible stray voltage. I checked and there's no stray voltage in this aquarium. Originally I thought another fish was picking on it but there's only a 6 line wrasse (very small) and a flame hawk in the tank with the gem. 100 gallon full reef is its home. I was told the fins would never grow back. This is permanent damage. Is this true? I feed frozen brine. Mysis nori and I just started putting selcon in the food. This fish doesn't seem to like pellets or flake food. He won't eat any dry food. He is healthy otherwise. An active swimmer. Very territorial.

Screenshot_20231210_111626_Photos.jpg
Just seeing this now - yes, as @vetteguy53081 said, this is HLLE. Zebrasoma tangs tends to show it differently than other fish - more fish erosion.
I’ve always found this pretty much permanent when it reaches this stage.
Jay

OP
OP
ELChingonsReef

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seeing this now - yes, as @vetteguy53081 said, this is HLLE. Zebrasoma tangs tends to show it differently than other fish - more fish erosion.
I’ve always found this pretty much permanent when it reaches this stage.
That's very unfortunate. I just want the fish to be healthy. At the end of the day as long as it's eating and active that's all that matters. It's my responsibility to give this fish what he needs to be as healthy as he can be. I will most definitely do that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back