• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Getting Out of Hobby.. Many items for sale! Apex, Vortechs, Pumps, ATO, LEDs, Skimmers, more!

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am Seth... This is my 2nd listing of items for sale. The first was for larger items that require pickup only. This thread is for all the items I can ship. I am getting out of the hobby and this is the equipment I have remaining.

All prices include shipping to 48 states. Please no shipping outside the US.

The first person to pay vial paypal only gets the item. I cannot hold any items. No trades I am leaving the hobby. PM me if interested, with questions or for paypal address.

1. Apex Classic System - (SOLD) - with PH Probe and Temperature Probe and optional Wireless WXM Module - Also includes 8-Bar Power Unit, Base Unit Controller, and Display Module. All wiring is included. Everything is pictured below. There is one problem with the system. I've been having issues with the Display Module. The whole system works fine but the display had been intermittent and quit working right before I took the system down. Everything still works great and I simply accessed the system through the online interface. So please assume you will need to purchase a new Display Module. They cost approx. $99. I paid $500 for the whole system plus $85 for the WXM module. I am asking $250 for everything as shown.
20170820_142136.jpg

2. Ecotech MP40W Vortech- Works great has no issues. Used it right up til the day my tank came down. March 2013 Manufacture Date. - $200
20170820_143210.jpg

3. Ecotech MP10W Vortech (SOLD)- Dry side works great but needs some work on the wet side. Not sure if it can be fixed or it needs a new wet side. March 2013 Manufacture Date. - $100
20170820_143530.jpg

4. Ecotech MP10W Quiet Drive Vortech - (SOLD) - Dry side works great but needs some work on the wet side. Not sure if it can be fixed or it needs a new wet side. May 2015 Manufacture Date. - $125
20170820_143335.jpg

5. Tunze Osmolator 3155 Auto Top Off System (SOLD) - Has always worked flawlessly for my tank. Original box and instructions included. Paid $200 for it. Sell for $125.
20170820_143805.jpg

6. Danner Supreme Mag Drive 9.5 Submersible Pump - This was my main pump in my system. I recently put a new impeller in it and it works great! Paid $115 for it, Sell for $65.
20170820_143855.jpg 20170820_143859.jpg

7. Aqua Euro USA Nano Protein Skimmer - Only a couple hours of use during frag swaps in my display tank. Practically brand new. Internal Pump. Size: 4" x 4" x 9" for use in tanks up to 35 Gallons. - $45
Skimmer.jpg

8. Two (2) - Maxspect Razor R420R LED 120 watt 16K Systems - Perfect for across a 24" wide tank. I used these across my main tank. Two banks of lights on each - 26 total LED's ea. (5 color spectrums) with built in program controller. They both work perfectly and are in great shape. Paid $405 each. - Sell for $250 each or $450 for both.
IMG_2569.JPG IMG_2571.JPG IMG_2572.JPG

9. Six (6) Stage Deluxe Reverse Osmosis Deionization System (RODI) 75 gal/day - (SOLD) - with the 150 gal/day upgrade kit - Purchased this from Bulk Reef Supply for $229. I purchased the 150 gallon/day upgrade kit but never installed it. So I will include that with this system. This also includes the filter monitor ($40 upgrade) and TDS meter (paid $45). The picture was from when it was hanging on the wall. The system has been cleaned and has no filters in it. Sell all for $180.
20170813_190843.jpg

10. Reef Octopus Diable 200XS Protein Skimmer - (SOLD) - with Sicce PSK1000 Pump. Comes with add-on base for the pump. Awesome protein skimmer. Has worked well for me for the life of my tank. The outflow pipe has been customized to reduce splash, bubbles, and noise. The pump is strong but probably needs an impeller soon. Right before I was taking the tank down the impeller was acting up. But everything works great! Rated for up to 250 gallons. Paid over $300 for it. Sell for $150.
20170820_154123.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gmastr85

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5. Tunze Osmolator 3155 Auto Top Off System - SOLD

OP
OP
gmastr85

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were in operation in the tank until last weekend. So they were cleaned last week and now they are for sale. I didn't use any kind of solution on them.

OP
OP
gmastr85

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9. Six (6) Stage Deluxe Reverse Osmosis Deionization System (RODI) 75 gal/day - SOLD

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were in operation in the tank until last weekend. So they were cleaned last week and now they are for sale. I didn't use any kind of solution on them.

Thanks, the reason I ask is that the probes should come with a special stabilization solution to prevent damage to the bulb, storing them "dry" can causes issues - do you happen to have the original shipping cap for the probes or calibration liquid? I'm interested in the whole setup but I'm hoping to avoid having to replace any probes.

OP
OP
gmastr85

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have refractometer calibration solution but I don't think I have a way to seal the probes in it because of the wires coming out. I don't have the shipping cap for the probes. The only thing I can think of is if I wrap the probes up very carefully. Any suggestions?

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have refractometer calibration solution but I don't think I have a way to seal the probes in it because of the wires coming out. I don't have the shipping cap for the probes. The only thing I can think of is if I wrap the probes up very carefully. Any suggestions?

Honestly, no. :-( I've only ever received em with the special caps. Hopefully someone else can chime in?
The reason I'm being a stickler is that my primary focus would be ph monitoring in case a cheap dosing pump goes haywire I'd be able to shut it down before it dumps a whole bottle of 2 part in my system. The other cool apex features are a bonus, but I'm sure someone else may be more interested in the temp monitoring or web data logging.

OP
OP
gmastr85

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could wrap the probes in wet paper towel and put them in a baggie with a rubber band. Besides that I'm not sure how else to do it. I've never had a problem with the probes, but I never took them out of my tank before either, except to clean them and calibrate them a few times...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back