GHA like green pillow fluff

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious about this GHA that showed up in the last 3 weeks. An incredibly fast growing, easy to completely remove after it grows out, pillow/filterfloss looking green with white base algae.

It appears to suck traces rediculously quick. It's hard as heck to pick off until letting it grow out, which it can go from a tough patch to a pungpong ball fluff in about a day.

I def don't mind this as I round year 1 out, most of my rock is clean that wasn'tgrowing this, and it appears I am about done with nuisancealgaes, its just this stuff left with the onky downside being I have to pick it on its own schedule unless I want to put in effort. I pulled 90% of it just now and threw it in the trash, I have 1 rock left covered in tuffs I can't easily pick the base from, and a spot where all my fish sleep together so I have to do that during lights on.

Pic incoming.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its incredibly dense and heavy, and seems like an incredibly alternative to the artifical stuff used for stuffing pillows and plushies. It feels exactly like, and pulls apart like the stuff.

This is a pic in the garbage, next batch I pull I am going to let it dry out, out of curiosity. This stuff was covering 40% of rocks, and if it gets large enough it breaks off in the flow and gathers in a big mass.

Attachments

• 20230921_000939.jpg
    20230921_000939.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 22

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back