GHL Doser 2.1 dosed 200ml of alk soln last night unprompted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a bit of a scare last night. Set up GHL Doser 2.1, primed tubes. Tested manual dosing. No issues save intermittently squeaky pump 1. I had calibrated the pumps a few nights ago. Filled my three dosing containers with 1000ml of ATI Essentials 1, 2, 3. I set it up to start dosing later that evening after I returned from dinner. This was through GHL Connect app for iOS. All three containers in a siphon proof relationship to the sump.

Came back to a cloudy aquarium. Ugh. Precisely 200ml of ATI Essentials 1 (alk soln) had dosed while I was gone. However, the indicated volume in the app was still on 999ml. It was set to start dosing hours later (2ml, 10x/d). Pump 1 hangs up occasionally, however, this has decreased through calibrating and priming the system. There should have been no dosing and no dosing was recorded to have occurred while I was out.

KH was only at 9.3 from 8.0. The dilute nature of ATI Essentials saved me. I did a 40-50% WC about one hour later. I replaced the dosing solutions with RO water and filled each reservoir to 500ml and set dosing to 5ml 48x/d just to have many successfully doses to regain some confidence. Everything looked fine last night and this AM. Dosing fine now. Recording estimated volume remaining in the containers.

I really have no need for a computer and don't own one, but I'm concerned that the Doser 2.1 and/or GHL Connect is buggy right now. I'm going to see if my wife's work lap top will allow me to add GHL Control Center (need a secure WIFI connection anyway). If not I'm going to buy one and a Profilux 4 to have the ability to turn the Doser 2.1 off if I see a rapid pH swing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nowell

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up with GCC and myGHL.com now. Will start dosing using these tomorrow. No issues with RO water test dosing over the last 24 hours.

Marco has been most helpful.

OP
OP
Nowell

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything smooth with myGHL.com.
1FB3E759-DB7A-4404-9B93-442B45A16998.png

OP
OP
Nowell

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you figure out what the problem was?

No. I’ve tied Marco’s hands a bit because I can’t allow screen sharing on my wife’s laptop due to a security issue. The 200ish ml dose from pump 1 was not recorded on GCC or myGHL.com. I’m not sure if it was a GHL Connect issue. I really don’t care at this point as everything is going smoothly with GCC and myGHL.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gut feeling says it’s a calibration/speed setting issue, I’d still be interested in having a look if you can share your Doser with me in MyGHL.

OP
OP
Nowell

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco helped me sort this out over the phone. Our laptop is on Windows 7 for use with some medical devices at work. We put on a new driver which allowed the firmware update and everything appears to be working swimmingly now. Marco gave great customer service. Impressed with GHL’s support. Next up is a Profilux 4 to fill the empty spot in the stand...

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the latest driver and firmware for the Doser 2.1 now?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back