• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

GIESEMANN AURORA 60" T5 LED HYBRID - $1550 SHIPPED

Jeff Miotke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mint condition, Giesemann Aurora Hybrid w/ dimmable 4x80W T5s. Includes 12 x T5 bulbs which all in a variety of spectrums.

Nothing wrong with this fixture, it's in new perfect condition. Selling because I decided to go with just LEDs. I paid over $3,000 for this with the bulbs, so looking to move it fast at $1550 shipped.

Message me with any questions. Thanks.

27364466417_70a595e447_b.jpg

42188759542_2573a2e1e3_b.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeff. Sorry ur looking at such a haircut on this expensive piece of equipment. Really drives me to ask why you're moving from a seemingly optimal fixture "down" to an LED solution at more expense. Makes me question my own conclusions that I "need" to shift to hybrid (looking at this fixture and similar from ATI) from my current LED solution (3 X Hydra 26s).

What is the fixture not getting done for you that I should consider?

I can see ur running it very close to the water level. Is that to avoid light splashing out? Or are you just trying to get more light lower in the tank?

OP
OP
Jeff Miotke

Jeff Miotke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like we are running the same tank too... is that not a 525xl?

It is a 525XL. Yea it is a really tough nut to swallow. I sold it for even less just about giving it away last week just to move on as I have been debating selling it since MACNA last year. Was feeling the tank didn't look how I wanted it to no matter what T5 bulbs I put in it. I spoke with Giesemann and they gave me a bunch of profiles and bulb suggestions but none of them really made much of a difference. It seems to me that a lot of the PAR value comes from the white LED channel which made dialing it in hard so ended up running only the blue LEDs and the Azure T5s. So having it so low was to get the PAR levels up. This was the best I could do with it but just fell short imo. So I wanted to go full LED with something more proven/mainstream. Ended up with 3 XR15 Radions and was shocked at the difference in the look of the tank and couldn't be happier with every aspect.

28455062488_6dc8713b5c_b.jpg

JC reef superstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dam wish I had seen this sooner with a little modification you can swap out the giesseman leds and fit 3 XR 30s in the fixture. I didn’t have the same problems as you but just wanted it to be more ******

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back