Half of my torch is deflated

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up today to see that half (one head) of my torch that I’ve had since the tank began is deflated and sagging. I’ve never seen anything like this before because it is only one head. It doesn’t usually do this when it’s eating either. I did a 50% water change with corallife salt instead of reef crystals 3 days ago. In all honesty, this is the first week I’ve been able to get back into the tank since I left for school so I’m not sure what has happened prior. Has anyone seen this or have an idea of what it could be? Thank you for the help in spite of the limited information

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your salinity? All parameters actually.
I’ve pinpointed the problem, thank you. It turns out the water that the fish store said was 1.026 was 1.020 and now my salinity is sitting at 1.022 or so. That’s what I get for not mixing my own water this time I guess. What is the best way to raise it back up with minimal shock?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve pinpointed the problem, thank you. It turns out the water that the fish store said was 1.026 was 1.020 and now my salinity is sitting at 1.022 or so. That’s what I get for not mixing my own water this time I guess. What is the best way to raise it back up with minimal shock?
Remove a gallon and replace a gallon with proper salinity water, daily, until corrected.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back