Hanna Phosphate vs Phosphate ULR vs Phosphorus ULR

HawkeyeDJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has already been discussed at length, please direct me to the thread link. Thanks.

I have the Hanna phosphate tester. Seems to work well. What are the advantages of the ULR tester? Or the Phosphorus ULR tester?

My 24 gallon AIO is 2.5 years old. Primarily softies and they are doing well.

My phosphates test anywhere from 0.03 to 0.25, depending on how often I do water changes, typically 10% every two weeks. I'm not chasing numbers. The tank appears stable and everyone is healthy.

Just want to know if I am missing something with the Hanna testers.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you're running ultra low nutrients, just stick with the regular Hanna phosphate tester (this is the HI-713 model, which tests from 0.00 to 2.50ppm). Not that you'll see any significant phosphate spikes - but if you do, at least it will show up on your tester.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If this has already been discussed at length, please direct me to the thread link. Thanks.

I have the Hanna phosphate tester. Seems to work well. What are the advantages of the ULR tester? Or the Phosphorus ULR tester?

My 24 gallon AIO is 2.5 years old. Primarily softies and they are doing well.

My phosphates test anywhere from 0.03 to 0.25, depending on how often I do water changes, typically 10% every two weeks. I'm not chasing numbers. The tank appears stable and everyone is healthy.

Just want to know if I am missing something with the Hanna testers.
The one (to me) interesting thing - is that IF you have the proper pipettes, etc to dilute solutions with accuracy (they are not expensive) - you can always dilute your tank water and use the ULR if needed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back