Have some algae problems .

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I started my tank I had a wonderful assortment of purple live rock that was gorgeous in color after about a year my tank just seems to be getting worse.

If anyone has suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem be it fish or inverts I love to know.

This is my current stocking. tomini tang, elibie angel, two blue and green cronies, 2 cradnial fish, 1 clown, 1 fuzzy dwarf lion.

A purple lobster, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 clean shrimp, 4 emerald crabs, a bunch on nasarus snails and a bunch of blue hermits. One long tent anemone on sea pen anemone.

Would love to get rid of red and all the nasty green algae I have. By the way I have a refugium does great for nutrients but isn't keeping the algae down there vs not I display.
20180627_003244.jpeg
20180627_003235.jpeg
20180627_003224.jpeg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t look to bad and will most likely pass with time.. make sure your water movement is sufficient and maybe add some more snails of different species @ 1 or 2 per gallon until it’s under control.

You may also consider temporarily reducing your light levels or length of time they are on.

One of my current tanks did the same thing at about the one year mark but eventually cleared itself up without much intervention (took 6-8 months) now as it approaches two years old it is completely algae free.

zyer1090

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for a quick fix you can use chemiclean then work on narrowing down the issue either increase flow, limit your tank light exposure, do a big water change, etc.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back