Have you had Sailfin Tang knock over snails?

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my Sailfin has a place in Tang section of aquarium. She marks her territory by pushing substrate around like a dog marking his territory. Always do magnifying body check of ALL fish daily so it’s not flashing or rubbing. I make her mad as I move some rocks around to make transfer to 125l. My snails are big and unfortunately one has invaded her space, he’s “fallen” 2 x’s today and just caught her hovering and circling. Has anybody noticed this behavior?
Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 3.02.55 PM.png
IMG_6501.jpeg

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my Sailfin has a place in Tang section of aquarium. She marks her territory by pushing substrate around like a dog marking his territory. Always do magnifying body check of ALL fish daily so it’s not flashing or rubbing. I make her mad as I move some rocks around to make transfer to 125l. My snails are big and unfortunately one has invaded her space, he’s “fallen” 2 x’s today and just caught her hovering and circling. Has anybody noticed this behavior?
Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 3.02.55 PM.png
IMG_6501.jpeg
Sally stays on the right side of “mushroom rock, Blue lays sideways both directions under it and yellow Tang stays behind it. Lemonpeel Angel swims in and out and around like he’s part Tang. His cave in under red coral piece that used to be Blue’s when he was quarter size, he still try’s to back his butt in but can’t fit anymore. I’m going to keep Tang set up in left side of 125 for them with room like a racetrack front, sides and back open with openings in between.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes i could see that happening, big thick sailfin,peck or two would knock it off rock /glass may just be hitting lil algae on snail ? or yes territory...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back