Hello and welcome to the Marine Aquarium Club of SW Florida.

lex8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group. I live in Cape Coral and if I ever go to an LFS, it's almost always in the Miami area. And I get 99% of my CUC from the waters around the Middle Keys when we go snorkeling. There is a long thread here about snorkeling and there is a link to it in my signature.
Thanks, Ron! I'll definitely check out that snorkeling thread.

I've also enjoyed that Minimalist Reefer thread you have linked there. :)

lex8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @lex8! Love your IM tank. I live in Cape Coral 2 weeks per month. That will change when my daughter graduates from high school next year...then I'll be full time in FL

thanks @fishface NJ . That's a lot of travel! Where is your tank and what do you use to keep an eye on it when you are away?

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Ron! I'll definitely check out that snorkeling thread.

I've also enjoyed that Minimalist Reefer thread you have linked there. :)
Thanks. At one point about 10 years ago I had almost 700g of saltwater in our house (4 tanks and 2 sumps. Now I'm in the process of downsizing again from having two 40g tanks (one for coral and one for local collections) to just one 40g breeder aio tank.

I moved my livestock out of the 40g breeder to a 10g holding tank and then thoroughly cleaned out the 40g breeder and the aio insert.

Now I'm waiting for some new sand to arrive (today hopefully) and I'll start getting the sand, water and rockscape into the tank.

After is set up for a bit, I'll slowly start moving stuff from both the holding tank and the 40g cube aio that is 95% sps and lps corals to the 40g breeder.

The only fish I have are a pair of mated clowns and I'd be willing to give them away if anybody wanted to come and get them.

I want the new tank to be just corals, anemones, feather dusters, and CUC inverts like snails, hermit crabs, an emerald crab, a coral banded shrimp, a couple of serpent stars, a couple of small yellow sea cucumbers, a few small rock boring urchins and maybe my pet mantis shrimp.

I expect everybody to be moved over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back