OP
OP
JanetB

JanetB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome ! I’m not too far from you. :)

I think when people say « freshwater », they mean freshly made saltwater (not water from your tank).
Hi ! Actually, freshwater could have that meaning but it’s more common for water without salt, not chlorinated, I.e the water that we drink. This water is used to do freshwater dips with the fish when they have parasites on their body. There is an interesting thread in this forum that explains about FW dip. Good to know that I have somebody in this hobby near me

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! :cool: Regarding fish deceases, there are some extremely competent individuals here on the forum. I am sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Janet. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you found the disease forum and freshwater dip info I think you are on the right track! Some folks will match tank pH with tapwater pH, or RODI pH, or RO pH for dipping.

Otherwise, welcome to Reef2Reef!

Premier League Football GIF by West Ham United
Glad you have joined us. :cool:

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R group, I’m new in this hobby and recently joined. I opened a marine aquarium, 30g, about 6 months ago and slowly added 1 Halloween hermit, 2clowns, 1 fire shrimp, 1 Royal Grammy and now added few lps corals. I have read some of the threads in the group and was interested in learning about Grammy ich, which I thought mine was having it but I noticed this morning she is fine. The question I have is that some parasites can be treated with FW deep, is freshwater same as RO water ?
Looking forward to exchange learning and experiences in this fascinating marine hobby
Welcome!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Yes RO is freshwater, but freshwater is not necessarily RO water. You can think of RO as similar to distilled water; freshwater that has been stripped of almost all impurities. The best way to get help with your fish is to post a good description of the fish's behavior, what you have observed with any other fish in the tank, any new additions or changes to the tank and as good a photo as you can get, in white light, of the fish and post it to the fish disease forum. There are several very knowledgeable members that can help you. I would not dip the fish without some input from one of the resident 'fish medics' here as you can further stress or even kill a fish that is already fighting a disease. A freshwater dip is only appropriate for combating certain parasites.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back