Help and Your Recommendation..Bubble Magnus Skimmer ((FYI))

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, Currently doing my rebuild and I just purchased the DC Skimmer D8 Curve from a popular online vendor; and found out (One day after I purchased it last week and used it) that the D8 and possible the D9 (not too sure), but the skimmer will NOT turn back on if there is a power outage/surge, and when the power comes back on, the skimmer will NOT come back on automatically . You will MANUALLY have to go and turn the skimmer back on. So what is the problem with that? If you have an automatic set-up for feeding/maintenance through APEX or another controller, and the skimmer is suppose to turn back on after a certain set time, it will NOT (8hrs a day at work/ or two or 3 days out of town...no skimmer action). Power does go to the power brick, but the controller is NOT designed to turn on. The good news, is BM (according to the representative in LA, said they are working on an upgraded controller to fix this issue and plan on sending the controller out to some customers...estimated time line..around the end of 2020...8 Months to wait for an updated controller or just purchase a new skimmer?

20200504_221804.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back