Help ASAP! A crab flipped over my coral and now it's doing very poorly

jennyl1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

My dad is moving and set me up with a 40 gallon salt water tank a few months ago. Everything is going pretty well but one of the hermit crabs flipped over a coral that has done well on the sand. I have attached some photos but it has been doing poorly ever since. I'm afraid I may lose it. I don't even know what it's called so I haven't been able to do much research. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,
Jenny

IMG_9558.JPG

IMG_9555.JPG

OP
OP
jennyl1

jennyl1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galaxia? Do long tentacles come out after the lights go down?
Yes, it is definitely a Galaxia - thank you! The tentacles aren't out now but today I did notice one was out, which I thought was a good sign. Still it is not looking good.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it alone and it will most likely recover. They're pretty tough. I had one where sand covered it up and was half dead only to recover in a couple of months.

OP
OP
jennyl1

jennyl1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it alone and it will most likely recover. They're pretty tough. I had one where sand covered it up and was half dead only to recover in a couple of months.
That sounds promising. I think in general it could possibly do better with more light (now that I'm reading more about Galaxias), but I don't want to disturb it more by moving it to a higher location. I'm new to this so please let me know if you think otherwise. Thank you!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

• More yellow than clear

• YUCKY YELLOW

• Other (please explain)

Back