Help holding corals in DC

LynzieS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a bit of background here, I lived/am moving from Rochester MN and had an aquarium set up. My husband got a job in DC and I got accepted to a PhD program in DC so I needed to tear down my tank. I had some nice corals that I wanted to keep so I mailed them to my brother-in-law who also has a reef tank in Fairfax to hold until I got my tank set back up. My brother-in-law is moving to a different apartment and we planned on moving the aquarium to the new apartment, today, but last night while moving in, a water pipe in the wall of the new apartment burst flooding the whole apartment (emergency maintenance line wasn't being answered), so we are going to trade in most of the corals that we can, but there are a few we want to try to keep until I can move down to the DC area and get my tank set back up mid-August. Would anyone be able to hold some corals for a little over a month? The tank is pest free and the corals are all healthy. Mostly easy corals, an aussie torch, a maxima clam, aussie elegance, lobo, hairy mushroom, and a green toadstool. Message me with any leads or ideas please! Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back