help i cut my candy cane coral

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i was trying to flip my flipper scrapper and i cut my polyp of candy cane coral ope and i’m scare rn and i’m freaking out what do i do here’s a picture of it

62255109-454E-4478-AA00-DC36570D82D2.jpeg

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. All you can do is wait and see what happens. You could do a iodine dip to help with any infection, but I don’t k ow of much else.
It could be fine and heal, but only time will tell.

good luck and HAPPY REEFING!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see any death-knell damage on the one head that is inflated. If it stays looking like that I think it will be fine?
What you can do is be careful with the flipper! I quit using magnets and got a long handled scraper. I still hit things with it but it's not as random as a loose magnet, ime.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see any death-knell damage on the one head that is inflated. If it stays looking like that I think it will be fine?
What you can do is be careful with the flipper! I quit using magnets and got a long handled scraper. I still hit things with it but it's not as random as a loose magnet, ime.
yea this is the last time i flip it in the tank i think

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to know a guy that woukd saw lps in half using a band saw and somehow got the to live no clue how he did it tho
i’ve seen some people do that it scares me and as long as the mouth is ok it’ll be fine right because it only to the fleshy part and not the mouth area

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it really hasn’t it just started to start to split a few a while ago the only other thing it went through is the skeleton cracked when i first got it a few months ago

Oh, then your coral is already a proven survivor. I think it could grow to be 3-5 heads before Christmas if you are feeding it?

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know you show something. When I first transferred them into this tank, a little bit after, they get REAL mad. Shrivelled. I got scared, but just kept doing water changes and testing the water, gettting it stable. I got all those candies from much smaller to what you see there. And now, they are even more plump and growing. The sign of a candie ACTUALLY dieing, is if it's melting off the skeleton. THEN it's dead or dying.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know you show something. When I first transferred them into this tank, a little bit after, they get REAL mad. Shrivelled. I got scared, but just kept doing water changes and testing the water, gettting it stable. I got all those candies from much smaller to what you see there. And now, they are even more plump and growing. The sign of a candie ACTUALLY dieing, is if it's melting off the skeleton. THEN it's dead or dying.

ok so my tanks stable so i should just let it be right

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back