Help I have a 185 DSA need recommendations

knoxmandan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2013
Messages
447
Reaction score
78
Location
Knoxville Tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested my water and here's the results the 185 tank is 6 weeks old but I upgraded from a 92 gallon with 250 lbs of live rock new water made with 5 stage rodi water and reef crystals salt and 160 lbs of new live sand here's my results from the test using API test kit

Nitrite- 0 ppm

Nitrate-80 ppm

Ammonia-0 ppm

Phosphate-.25-.50 ppm

I have lots of zoas Duncan's favias chalice's torches acros and fish and I've just started doing water changes last week and I only changed 20 gallons my question is how many galons should I be changing weekly and how often should I be feeding my fish and corals to maintain good growth and good water quality I'm running a gfo and a reef octopus xp1000sss in a eBay sump which is getting upgraded with a elite sump and atb 840 v.2.o skimmer I'm purchasing from a reefer off of here tomorrow hopefully will help with my nitrate problem.

How much water can I safely change to lower my nitrates without harming my inhabitants I have in the tank thanks for any imput I'm new to saltwater with only a few months in the hobby.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new