Help my blenny looks sick

Bjack83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned on my aquarium light and saw him laying in the sand and crabs roaming around him
6525C840-F203-4E82-9807-3DA9246BA2A6.jpeg

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any frozen food? Clams maybe? I had my crabs attack my blennie because they were hungry. From the pic he looks ok to me.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a QT tank or acclimation box i would put it in there with some sand and try to let it rest up and heal, this way it can't get picked on while you try to figure out whats wrong. Try feeding it nori(it does look a little hungry), see if it takes, if it does thats a good sign. Either the crabs messed it up, it hit a rock while something was messing with it, or it looks like a bacterial infection in which case if you have a QT treating it is the best way. But first thing is first, you want to get it out of the tank so your crabs and other clean up crew dont go after an easy meal.
If you don't have a QT or an acclimation box even a 5 gallon bucket with a powerhead and an airstone should work for a day until you can get a small QT.

OP
OP
Bjack83

Bjack83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a QT tank or acclimation box i would put it in there with some sand and try to let it rest up and heal, this way it can't get picked on while you try to figure out whats wrong. Try feeding it nori(it does look a little hungry), see if it takes, if it does thats a good sign. Either the crabs messed it up, it hit a rock while something was messing with it, or it looks like a bacterial infection in which case if you have a QT treating it is the best way. But first thing is first, you want to get it out of the tank so your crabs and other clean up crew dont go after an easy meal.
If you don't have a QT or an acclimation box even a 5 gallon bucket with a powerhead and an airstone should work for a day until you can get a small QT.
Ok will do so now

Back