Help tuning my aquatic life dimmable hybrid & xr15 pros

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

So, I have the 48" aquatic life t5 hybrid, its mounted 9" above my tank. I've pre ordered 2 xr15 pro radeons. My current plan is to get 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus bulbs.

I'm looking for a nice moderate blue color (not so much that it looks like a black light poster, but some extra pop for sure), and am a little nervous the coral plus bulbs will wash out all of the blue. This will be a mixed reef in a 75g with a 30g sump.

My questions:
If I go with 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus, which configuration would you recommend? Blues on the inside coral plus outside was my best guess, but I'm not sure at all and I want to tinker with it as little as possible! They are ceiling mounted on drywall lol.

Would 2 blue plus, an actinic, and coral pro give a more balanced look? If so what configuration?

Additionally, i had planned on purchasing a Neptune apex, which would allow me to use the dimmer function, but with all ecotech products, and a heater controller, that has become a much less necessary 800 dollar add on, can anyone recommend another option to dim these progressively?

As always, thanks in advance for any tips, stay safe all!

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would place the blue plus where the majority of your coral are located. So if a lot of your coral are stationed around the center of the unit, I'd put the Blue Plus bulbs in the middle. If they are placed in the mid and towards the back, you could put one bulb on the inside and one on the outside to where the corals extend to.

Not sure about the balanced looked. Everyone seems to have their own preference for a balanced looked. I actually just run 4 blue plus on my hybrid unit but that's because my T5's only come on for 4 hours a day.

OP
OP
Piker

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks tank, I appreciate the reply and will try it that way, coral will be in the center, I'm cycling now.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 94 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back