help with APEX Fusion app/Neptune system

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to Reef2Reef. I have a 250 gal reef tank that is about 8 months old. Went with the Neptune System but using the APEX fusion app is a nightmare. Any good tutorials on this? Anyone else with frustration with this system? Ph probe lasts about 2 mo. Replaced twice. The only probe that I can get to work with any reliability it the temp probe. I'm wishing I went with a simpler system. What's the best tutorial on figuring this thing out?!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Glad post #2 had info for you as I don't have it and would have to defer to others for assistance.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ph is temperature dependent. You need to make sure the ph calibration fluid is at the same temperature as the TMP probe when you calibrate.

either stick the TMP probe into the calibration liquid, or sit the packet in your sump for 15minutes to normalize.

Other than that, just calibrate and off you go. mines been rock solid stable ever since. But my trigger sump has a spot for probes in the skimmer chamber, almost tucked behind a wall, so no flow or bubbles to compete with.
Not Ph. The Ph probe is temp dependant? I think. Does anybody else know for sure?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ph is temperature dependent. You need to make sure the ph calibration fluid is at the same temperature as the TMP probe when you calibrate.

either stick the TMP probe into the calibration liquid, or sit the packet in your sump for 15minutes to normalize.

Other than that, just calibrate and off you go. mines been rock solid stable ever since. But my trigger sump has a spot for probes in the skimmer chamber, almost tucked behind a wall, so no flow or bubbles to compete with.
And do a Manual cal not the automatic one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back