Help with my clown

jercompton94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I need help identifying what’s going on with my clown today he just started twitching a bit I have no clue what’s going on with him please help thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2347.mov
    21.4 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

We need additional info to try and figure this out. This post explains all that:

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello I need help identifying what’s going on with my clown today he just started twitching a bit I have no clue what’s going on with him please help thanks.
In expanding this , I see discoloration from what appears to be mucus on the fish which may suggest brooklynella. The twitching is often seen with flukes.
some other signs I saw are Elevated breathing and weird behavior. Other signs of brook are lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and hanging at surface of tank.

OP
OP
J

jercompton94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In expanding this , I see discoloration from what appears to be mucus on the fish which may suggest brooklynella. The twitching is often seen with flukes.
some other signs I saw are Elevated breathing and weird behavior. Other signs of brook are lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and hanging at surface of tank.
What would be the best way to treat it?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What would be the best way to treat it?
Assuming it is indeed brook, start with a prolonged 60 minute bath of ruby rally pro then at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the treatment, the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
Since a formalin solution is often not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective but now harder to find) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back