Help!

Alphawolfxz3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this tank up and running for 6 months now and I just put in some new corals last November and a cleaner shrimp in beginning of last month and my tank was looking good. And then I changed the media out in the filter to restock the carbon and instead of putting small amount of chemi pure elite I just put the whole mini bag in. And then all of a sudden I started getting diano Allege and the ph dropped to 7.4 and all the coral aren’t as happy and out. Do any of you know what might be the problem

2.4 gallons
Ph 7.7
No3 .01
Ph 0
Sg 1.025
Before-January 19
1612562169690.jpeg

After-now
1612562201506.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ChemiPure elite has GFO and will remove all nutrients in a smaller setting. Do keep the elite but pour some into a smaller filter bag , In the mean time, blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon it up and clean the filters right away. Again, replace elite with a smaller amount.
If in the next 48 hours, you do not see an improvement, do this step:

First- Check phosphates and nitrates to assure theyre not elevated or zero'd out.
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15%) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly

OP
OP
Alphawolfxz3

Alphawolfxz3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ChemiPure elite has GFO and will remove all nutrients in a smaller setting. Do keep the elite but pour some into a smaller filter bag , In the mean time, blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon it up and clean the filters right away. Again, replace elite with a smaller amount.

First- Check phosphates and nitrates to assure theyre not elevated or zero'd out.
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15%) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly
Thank you

OP
OP
Alphawolfxz3

Alphawolfxz3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It seems that my coral are closing up still.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It seems that my coral are closing up still.
Do a good size water change

temp 77-79
ph 8.1-8.3
salinity 1.025
nitrate < .04
Phos < .04
ammonia < .03
ca-440
mag 1300
alk 8-9

Moderate light and water flow

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back