Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is exhausted. A couple weeks prior to my ICP all new sediment and DI replaced. Membranes are <6 months old. I estimate about 1500 gallons through 3 membranes, so, 500 a membrane.

Water is dripping over metal on my float valves. I’m fairly certain that if it isn’t in my tap, that is the culprit. I plan to test my tap next ICP instead of RODI. Then after that test RODI, as I am replacing the metal on the float valves.

(The week before my ICP I removed one of my membranes per Buckeye’s advice).
Buckeye Hydro (I believe Guss) gives really solid advice, definitely take their advice over at Buckeye. Sounds like a good plan. You could have an extreme amount of zinc coming in or maybe it is coming from something that’s after the DI stages that’s dumping into your FW reservoir. Either way, don’t let it get up to 60+ ug/L. You need to find the source asap. Zinc will nuke a system, I’ve seen it many times.

Which float values are you using? Can you link the exact product below:

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Buckeye Hydro (I believe Guss) gives really solid advice, definitely take their advice over at Buckeye. Sounds like a good plan. You could have an extreme amount of zinc coming in or maybe it is coming from something that’s after the DI stages that’s dumping into your FW reservoir. Either way, don’t let it get up to 60+ ug/L. You need to find the source asap. Zinc will nuke a system, I’ve seen it many times.

Which float values are you using? Can you link the exact product below:
Yeah, he spent a couple hours with me redoing my system virtually. He has my system in really good shape. I need to add one more booster pump soon. @Reefahholic scroll to page one: Here it is

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s all fine, but there’s no chance anything upstream of the ro/di is the source of the zinc if zinc is the only ion of significance in the icp of the ro/di water.

It absolutely must be from post di contamination. If it were from upstream, there would be lots of other ions as well.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I’m currently running. Nothing coming through the filters. Corals growing.

I wish I had a second membrane, and one additional carbon stage.

I recently reached out to my city to see if they treat the water with Chlorine or Chloramine, but haven’t heard back. I tested for Chlorine and it was negative.

I use a BRS float valve at my FW reservoir.

IMG_1911.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I now have removed the only metal that is between my DI and my RODI bins. Before and after, I had 3 to do…

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3623.jpeg
    IMG_3623.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 10

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 122 76.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 18 11.3%
Back