Home Wrecker or Matt V Rainbow Envy

Tim Ly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi everybody,
I have started having sps in my tank for about 8 months. Everything is happily growing and coloring up nicely. So I guess it is time to start putting some high end sps corals my tank, but I am on a budget can afford to buy everything at once. My question is should I buy JF Home wrecker or Matt V Rainbow Envy first. I have not seen any in real life yet. Just wants everyone’s opinion of which they like better.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The homewrecker is probably more durable if you have any concerns about that. Pretty hard to start with the high end collector acros and not have a homewrecker. That would be my personal pick! They are both amazing corals as you know!

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am bias since I don’t have a HW as I honestly didn’t like it that much from when I’ve seen it.

However I love my MattV Rainbow Envy.

1b25a31d9ba30e8ae504ea88f31fb08b.jpg

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For tenuis, don't sleep on Vivids four loko. I'd wait the HW out, seems like prices are coming down on that piece. I'm guessing its a great grower.

I could only afford a bugger. I got AFEW and have had major swings in my treatment tank so its barley holding on. Here it was looking nice. I saw the colony in person and it was insane
vivid4loco

Last edited:

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as rarity and investment rainbow envy hands down. There still very very few only hit the market and people that have fraggable colonies generally have a wait list.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For tenuis, don't sleep on Vivids four loko. I'd wait the HW out, seems like prices are coming down on that piece. I'm guessing its a great grower.

I could only afford a bugger. I got AFEW and have had major swings in my treatment tank so its barley holding on. Here it was looking nice. I saw the colony in person and it was insane
vivid4loco

I have been interested in this but just havent seen enough pictures of actual hobbiest that I havent pulled the trigger.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been interested in this but just havent seen enough pictures of actual hobbiest that I havent pulled the trigger.
For sure. I've seen most the pieces in person 6 months ago and they live up to their expectations from what i saw in his tank.

His system is somewhat unique though. His high end sps frag tank is tied into the 800g (i believe thats the size?) with large fish. . So while his nutrients seemed pretty low, the sticks are very well fed and he is able to absolutely blast them with par from what he was explaining to me. All radion too. Sooo many killer pieces but the tenuis are unreal.

OP
OP
Tim Ly

Tim Ly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When colored up Rainbow Envy is like no other. One of the few that's color even shows under whites as well.
After seeing this picture of the Rainbow Envy I was sold. Thank you for all the inputs, I really enjoyed reading it.[/QUOTE

Last edited:

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mind sharing where you got the frag? You can PM if you like..................Thanks

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I would be very sad to get a solid green frag unless it was cheap and had proof of what it was. Matts RE is defiantly one I can't wait to find in my tank one day. I would love to see more pics of it with the white lights on since people say it still looks good that way.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back