hope everyone doing ok

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
borrowed a computer checking to see if every one doing ok, we got slammed pretty hard the other day from the storms, just got power, no phone, no gas, no trees, lol, still looking for part of my roof, neighbors didn't fair as well, 4 next door lost everything, my nano tank still alive and kickin, my display is dead / dying, 95 percent of all the coral is gone, house smells like a bad day at the beach, all the fish dead, heater fried, aptasia made it ok, few corals tring to hang on, last big chalice bleached and lost skin last night, very dis hearting can't bring my self to dumping everything yet, have a gallon jug rigged up with carbon, and adding distilled water mix hoping to bring it around, skimmer fills the cup about every 6-8 hours last couple days, any suggestions on what to do to save whats left?

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to here that...would you like to house what you have left in one of my prop systems? it will be well taken care of her...just let me know.

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this AJ. I will be glad to help any way possible as well.
Terry

OP
OP
sprinklerdudes

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added up most of what has died off and left a list with steve down at aquirum imports, he said he would be glad to work up a estimate for my insurance company, so far the only life left is a green sea anemone that is off color and five or six green mushrooms, and the ever resilient aptasia. Thanks for the offer , but I really would not want to put something in such bad shape in someone elses tank, I would be afraid it might die off and cause problems. I just can't bare to toss it yet, I have got the water clear, and the skimmer is still filling up, I have pulled the heater, and reversed and shortened the light cycle, seems to be helping, along with a pile of actived carbon,

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back