How do I know when I did run out of copepods

KittieKatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had the best luck and color with a mixed diet.. I usually do some frozen in the morning and some pellets at night.. usually 2-3 smaller feedings instead of 1 larger one.. good habit to get into if you have the time anyway because there are some fish out there that need many feedings a day..

I know it has been said, but yes pods are not a bad thing.

If your fish have issues with the pellets can use a razor blade and chop them a little smaller to make it easier for them to eat. Have had to do this for a few fish in the past.

On a positive note if you keep pods going strong in there can get Mandarin =D

OP
OP
LearningHow2Reef

LearningHow2Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had the best luck and color with a mixed diet.. I usually do some frozen in the morning and some pellets at night.. usually 2-3 smaller feedings instead of 1 larger one.. good habit to get into if you have the time anyway because there are some fish out there that need many feedings a day..

I know it has been said, but yes pods are not a bad thing.

If your fish have issues with the pellets can use a razor blade and chop them a little smaller to make it easier for them to eat. Have had to do this for a few fish in the past.

On a positive note if you keep pods going strong in there can get Mandarin =D
Wow, alright!! thank you so much!!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mandarin eats around 5000pods a day, I would probably not go for one unless you know for sure your tanks has that many every day.

if you are worried about nitrates and phosphate you could just feed frozen, frozen adds much less nitrates/phosphate to the tank, it’s a plus plus as imo frozen is better for the fish, read some of the ingredients in dry food, also best of all you can feed more times a day, more fun for you can’t the fish enjoy more feeding times.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back