How do you know if a seem is bad?

Jon Luciani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a 60G acrylic cube but the seems seem well a lil odd most of it is very clear while a few parts look pulled away or separated?

OP
OP
J

Jon Luciani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60cube001.jpg

60cube002.jpg

The guy who sold this tank to me was really hurting for the cash, so if i cant fill it im not going to be that mad, any ideas on it???

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clue myself I just know thats how people have said they've done it in the past. I know you need to get a syringe from the pharmacy to use the stuff, small bead, and be careful. I'm sure someone else can chime in on exactly what to do.

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know where you got and I'm pretty sure he isn't the type to sell you a leaking tank and not say something!

OP
OP
J

Jon Luciani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know where you got and I'm pretty sure he isn't the type to sell you a leaking tank and not say something!

Agreed! BUT he has never filled it...... and after having 330 gallons of water on the floor i am nervous lol

OP
OP
J

Jon Luciani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus im about to click "pay" on $70 worth of just bulkheads for it lol i wanna make sure its ok OR can be repaired before i toss out $70 on black holes :p

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fill it with freshwater for a couple days out in the garage. Thats what I do with any tank I buy used. It sits on my patio for a week and I wait to see if it leaks.

OP
OP
J

Jon Luciani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to worried about it leaking.......just want to make sure its not gonna explode

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to worried about it leaking.......just want to make sure its not gonna explode

If thats the case I would get a small gauge needle and syringe and some weld on and run a tiny bead down all the seems. Just to calm your worry.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back