How does fusion work, technically?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

afex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can find the marketing copy easy enough, but nothing I’ve found describes the connection between my local device and their web service.

I’d like to keep my apex completely local, but it appears the “task” feature is only available in fusion.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be able to find other members that can answer your question but if you have troubles, I’ve found the Neptune support forum to be very helpful and quite active.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex stores all of your configuration and programming, and logs of your probe data and alarms. The Apex can operate 100% without Fusion or even a network connection, but in order to make any configuration changes, you need to have a network connection. (unless you have a Display module to make local changes)

Fusion is just a "cloud hosted" web site allowing you to remotely access your Apex from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection, and provides a handful of Task wizards to make it easier to configure specific modules or settings. Once linked to Fusion, your Apex communicates with Fusion about every 30 seconds to transmit local data from probes and alarms, and to check if there are any new instructions you configured via Fusion.

Fusion also allows Neptune Support to remotely diagnose problems with your Apex, and you can also grant access to fellow reefers or an aquarium service company to remotely manage your Apex.

Hope that helps to explain it.

OP
OP
afex

afex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once linked to Fusion, your Apex communicates with Fusion about every 30 seconds to transmit local data from probes and alarms, and to check if there are any new instructions you configured via Fusion.

is this 30s behavior documented anywhere?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this 30s behavior documented anywhere?

I haven't seen any official documentation from Neptune, but I based my 30 seconds quote on what I've read posted by Zombie on Neptune's Community Forums:

He is one of the most prominent authorities on all things Apex.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back