How soon is too soon for Nassarius or Conch?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so I recently set up a 70 gallon tank. It's been running for about 2 months now I believe. I used live sand, but dead rock and new rock. I dosed with MB7 for the first 2 weeks and some Live Bacteria in a bottle for each week since. I've got hermit crabs, Trochus, and Margaritas in there and even a Citron Goby for about 2 weeks now. I've got a Monti Cap and Slimeball Anacropora that have been doing good and showing growth that have been in the tank for a little over a week.

Everything is looking good except I keep having to stir the sand every day or two. I'd prefer to have a conch or some nassarius do that for me. Any reason it would be too early for a couple of Nassarius snails?

I've considered a Twin Spot or Diamond Goby but I'd be afraid there's not enough microfauna for them.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are feeding enough there is no reason you cannot add now. Just make sure you see them eating. Should look like something from Dune whenever you throw food in.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you are feeding enough there is no reason you cannot add now. Just make sure you see them eating. Should look like something from Dune whenever you throw food in.
Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. There's food for the snails - I'm definitely overfeeding for the Goby because he's such a slow eater.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back