How To Dip and Inspect Corals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VividGreg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks- we just uploaded a new video. We hope it will help people with parasite problems, or prevent people from getting them in their tanks in the first place. Hope you like it :)
[video=youtube_share;d3z-9f5RjBw]http://youtu.be/d3z-9f5RjBw[/video]

RainbowReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video on what pests to look out for. Out of curiosity, doesn't putting the dipped corals back in the water where they were before you dipped them kind of counter productive? Are you just reintroducing the freshly dipped coral back into the parasitic environment rather that a FSW dip before placement into the tank?

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great informative video on what to look for and how to deal with a few coral pest.! Thanks for posting it up.

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great info!i also wanna ask..have any of u encounter this little tiny bugs(?) in monti's?especially monti caps and setosa's..they are like tiny bugs really tiny...i noticed it in a newly acquired setosa frag and a monti cap,it can make the color faded or dull on the affected areas...

OP
OP
V

VividGreg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video on what pests to look out for. Out of curiosity, doesn't putting the dipped corals back in the water where they were before you dipped them kind of counter productive? Are you just reintroducing the freshly dipped coral back into the parasitic environment rather that a FSW dip before placement into the tank?

Dave and I both missed this and have both called "Doh"... Sorry and thanks for catching the mistake. We were using corals that were parasite-free for the sake of the video so just forgot. Since your post we added a little text to the video stating it was best to use a third container. Thanks again!
Ladyreefer1983-- are you referring to the monti-eating nudibranchs we have in the video or yet another hideous parasite?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back