How to dose Redsea AB+ ?

fikriaziz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have 2ft Cube tank, with 1bubble coral, 1 mushroom, 1 hammer coral, 1 torch coral and GSP. How many ML should i dose? Or i just follow the instruction from Redsea ( 4ml for 100 Litres) ?
All the coral still in small size. Thank you in advance.

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not popular but I used it as a food soak and would feed when my lights were dim and 20k blue, the food would glow and my fish would seek out every morsel. My favorite way to use it by far

OP
OP
fikriaziz

fikriaziz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not popular but I used it as a food soak and would feed when my lights were dim and 20k blue, the food would glow and my fish would seek out every morsel. My favorite way to use it by fathan
Not popular but I used it as a food soak and would feed when my lights were dim and 20k blue, the food would glow and my fish would seek out every morsel. My favorite way to use it by far
thanks for the feedback, I could try that way later.

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates definitely go up using AB+ and reef roids. Like others said just turn off flow and pumps for a bit and follow instructions. The good news is I think it has really benefitted my coral colors and growth!

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I manually dose 36ML per day for a 900-liter tank. I also manually dose 1 cup of phytoplankton at the same time. My corals love these two items. I put my return pumps, skimmer, and wave pumps on feed mode for 20 minutes and let this mixture suspend and flow around the tank.

OP
OP
fikriaziz

fikriaziz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates definitely go up using AB+ and reef roids. Like others said just turn off flow and pumps for a bit and follow instructions. The good news is I think it has really benefitted my coral colors and growth!
So normally how long for the nitrates to going down? Will follow the instruction given..

OP
OP
fikriaziz

fikriaziz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I manually dose 36ML per day for a 900-liter tank. I also manually dose 1 cup of phytoplankton at the same time. My corals love these two items. I put my return pumps, skimmer, and wave pumps on feed mode for 20 minutes and let this mixture suspend and flow around the tank.
I bet you got a nice tank there.. 900L, it would be a nice view..

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So normally how long for the nitrates to going down? Will follow the instruction given..

Really depends on your filtration and based on your tank size i'd say they could get out of hand pretty fast. I would start with dosing once a week and go from there. I've read a lot of people only will feed their corals AB+ or reef roids once or twice a week max anyway.

I'm personally doing 20% weekly water changes because I feed my fish and corals pretty heavy. Even running 2 Fluval FX6 filters and a large protein skimmer on a 125gallon so that's how I keep my nitrates in check. If I go a few weeks without a water change or adding nitrate reducers I definitely notice corals looking worse. I also use NO3:pO4-X to help reduce nitrates if they get too high and it's not time for a water change.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet you got a nice tank there.. 900L, it would be a nice view..
Thanks, it is, I enjoy it.

I suggest you visit Red Sea's website and the Reef Energy page. There are some excellent videos and directions on this product. If dosed in the correct amount, it will not raise your Nitrates. I can attest that I have been using this product for years. If it is raising Nitrates by chance, it is because it is being overdosed. Your corals will consume 100% of the product if dosed correctly.

https://g1.redseafish.com/coral-nutrition-program/reef-energy-plus/

OP
OP
fikriaziz

fikriaziz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it is, I enjoy it.

I suggest you visit Red Sea's website and the Reef Energy page. There are some excellent videos and directions on this product. If dosed in the correct amount, it will not raise your Nitrates. I can attest that I have been using this product for years. If it is raising Nitrates by chance, it is because it is being overdosed. Your corals will consume 100% of the product if dosed correctly.

https://g1.redseafish.com/coral-nutrition-program/reef-energy-plus/
Thank you, definitely will go to their website..

OP
OP
fikriaziz

fikriaziz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends on your filtration and based on your tank size i'd say they could get out of hand pretty fast. I would start with dosing once a week and go from there. I've read a lot of people only will feed their corals AB+ or reef roids once or twice a week max anyway.

I'm personally doing 20% weekly water changes because I feed my fish and corals pretty heavy. Even running 2 Fluval FX6 filters and a large protein skimmer on a 125gallon so that's how I keep my nitrates in check. If I go a few weeks without a water change or adding nitrate reducers I definitely notice corals looking worse. I also use NO3:pO4-X to help reduce nitrates if they get too high and it's not time for a water change.
okay will keep my eyes on nitrate after this, can’t wait to see the results after dose AB+.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you just does no pox from time to time? it hought you had to dose daily. Some one mention dosing phyto plankton. I have though of that but have no idea what to buy. Is it live phyto or what? I have also read a lot about rotifers. All I do is dose mb7 and feed a powered food like reefroids but It made by hikari called coralific.! I love that stuff! You can make a thick gel for meet eaters or thin it and then the particles sort of break off like teeny tiney pellets or something! My corals love it!

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you just does no pox from time to time? it hought you had to dose daily. Some one mention dosing phyto plankton. I have though of that but have no idea what to buy. Is it live phyto or what? I have also read a lot about rotifers. All I do is dose mb7 and feed a powered food like reefroids but It made by hikari called coralific.! I love that stuff! You can make a thick gel for meet eaters or thin it and then the particles sort of break off like teeny tiney pellets or something! My corals love it!
yes exactly! If I use no pox I start slow and ramp up. But that's only if my nitrates get 75+. Otherwise normal water changes keep me 20-30 range and I have mostly soft corals.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose this in the water daily along with something else. Then once or twice a week I mix this with reef roids and target feed my corals

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back