How to inject Aquaillumination Signature Series Presets in IOS apps

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI has instructions here in a database but they never mention the fact that this only works on a windows based system. IOS does not make it easy to download and inject files so to work you need chrome and your IOS app in tandem. Original knowledge base article here:

https://support.aquaillumination.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014066413-How-to-upload-a-AIP-file-to-myAI

I would consider making sure you have saved your current schedule in case you do not care for the preset once inserted.

Step one go to the signature series on the main page:http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

select the preset of your choice and hit download you will have a .aip file in your download folder

Step 2 on chrome go to https://my.aquaillumination.com and login you should see your profile

Step 3 as stated in the article hit the last button on the right upload/download. Hit the upload button and upload the .aip file from your download folder.

Step 4 once uploaded the file will show as the schedule. Now here is the part missing from all instructions I have found and had to fiddle with to work out. At each time stamp marked by the blue dot at the bottom click on those blue dots and hit save. Then close your app on IOS and make it do a hard reset. Reopen the app and the lighting schedule should be the one you chose.

OP
OP
Jeight

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Mac owners use Safari is Chrome the only browser you can use?

I would assume you could..but I have no concept of a mac I use Ipad and Windows PC ..Ipad just for reef tank bought it as a gift for wife and a year later had to buy her a new one 16gb was not cutting it ...turns out Granny likes taking a mega ton of videos of grandkids with ipad instead of video camera now...so i got the old one for apex ;)

OP
OP
Jeight

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you download the .aip file containing the presets to your Mac how do you transfer this to your iPhone or iPad?

you have to follow the guide...your doing all the work in the computer based environment in your case mac once you do all the saves at each time stamp it will automatically show up in all shared apps. The my AI that you use through a browser on a real computer links to the AI app in ios based item like ipad or iphone

Step #4 is the most important and the one that is the hang up point..well thats not true downloading the file on phone or ipad is ok but there is no where to find it to open it that I am aware of so that is the first hurdle hence the need for a real computer.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I was successful in downloading it to my iPhone. Thanks for your help!!!

Is there one of the Signature series settings that you like for a relatively new tank (4 months) with some zoas and a few other assorted LPS?

OP
OP
Jeight

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every tank is really different..I have a deep 90 with 4x t5's but I use the Dmitry Tumanov..alot of people like the David Saxby but I was unsure on it.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every tank is really different..I have a deep 90 with 4x t5's but I use the Dmitry Tumanov..alot of people like the David Saxby but I was unsure on it.

Thanks again, I believe that there is another settings thread where people list their favorites which I will review. You were a great help and it is sincerely appreciated!!!

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI has instructions here in a database but they never mention the fact that this only works on a windows based system. IOS does not make it easy to download and inject files so to work you need chrome and your IOS app in tandem. Original knowledge base article here:

https://support.aquaillumination.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014066413-How-to-upload-a-AIP-file-to-myAI

I would consider making sure you have saved your current schedule in case you do not care for the preset once inserted.

Step one go to the signature series on the main page:http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

select the preset of your choice and hit download you will have a .aip file in your download folder

Step 2 on chrome go to https://my.aquaillumination.com and login you should see your profile

Step 3 as stated in the article hit the last button on the right upload/download. Hit the upload button and upload the .aip file from your download folder.

Step 4 once uploaded the file will show as the schedule. Now here is the part missing from all instructions I have found and had to fiddle with to work out. At each time stamp marked by the blue dot at the bottom click on those blue dots and hit save. Then close your app on IOS and make it do a hard reset. Reopen the app and the lighting schedule should be the one you chose.

Why go to chrome or safari in ios etc. download MyAI’s app, then when you download the aip file, you can open the AI app and it will automatically promp you to save the preset on local iphone/ipad or your AI cloud account.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back