How to setup a nano tank featuring the Red Sea Max Nano | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JulesH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Another great video thanks. Could you use this tank as a ULM with an external fuge?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Another great video thanks. Could you use this tank as a ULM with an external fuge?

I think there's ways to make nearly every tank ULM, or as ULM as possible. I'm not sure how an external fuge would work with this tank though. Perhaps if you removed the skimmer and put a feed pump in there to feed an external tank dedicated as a fuge? HOB versions probably wouldn't fit at all unless you hung one on the side of the tank.

-Randy

MattC86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video.

Would you say the light settings used on the Nano with the Prime light are also a good starting point for the MaxE 170 and the Hydra 26HD?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video. Would you say the light settings used on the Nano with the Prime light are also a good starting point for the MaxE 170 and the Hydra 26HD?

Funny you should ask, as we'll have another one of these Red Sea highlights coming out soon on the Max E-170. That said, for a primarily softie and LPS tank, I tested the PAR of the Hydra26 and found that reducing these settings by 50% seemed to be the best starting point. :)

MattC86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should ask, as we'll have another one of these Red Sea highlights coming out soon on the Max E-170. That said, for a primarily softie and LPS tank, I tested the PAR of the Hydra26 and found that reducing these settings by 50% seemed to be the best starting point. :)

Thanks! Look forward to that video coming out. My set up is still very new and running softies and LPS for now. I do plan on getting into the SPS game eventually.

offtropic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video - I have this tank and it is easy to set up and work with. That said, the ATO volume is minuscule and would love any ideas BRS (or anyone for that matter) might have for how to implement a larger ATO system (float valve in the rear sump?, optical+float on the existing ATO?).

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video - I have this tank and it is easy to set up and work with. That said, the ATO volume is minuscule and would love any ideas BRS (or anyone for that matter) might have for how to implement a larger ATO system (float valve in the rear sump?, optical+float on the existing ATO?).

You could easily add an ATO to this system, if you forego the included reservoir, with a reservoir under the cabinet and say a Tunze Osmolator in the rear chamber. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back