How to wean a fish off bloodworms??

thu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I bought a banggai cardinal about a week ago. However, at the time I wasn't aware of the issues between WC and TB and turns out I got a wild caught. He acclimated well and is now more active around the tank, but the only problem is that he is a picky eater and spits everything out :sad: The frozen blend food bought from the LFS has mysis (reg and jumbo) shrimp, PE mysis, brine shrimp, cyclop eeze, some garlic extract, and bloodworms. Luckily, last night I finally saw him eating only the bloodworms. While I'm excited that he's finally eating, I know that bloodworms aren't that nutritious and great as a varied diet. I was wondering how I could wean him into eating the other foods in the frozen blends since he usually spits the rest out.

Tank info: FOWLR 15gal, 1 banggai, 2 firefish, all parameters look good. The two firefish eat just about everything in the frozen food and have no aggression towards the cardinal.

Thanks in advance! :)

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try live food. Then when he learns to associate your routine with food mix in the frozen. Get live black worms or mysis if you can.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back