Howdy, returning to the addiction after a long hiatus!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy (1).gif

You might consider a 40 breeder with same said sump
Wont break the bank and has plenty of room in tank and sump.
Welcome back to the party!

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just dropping a line to introduce myself, I took a break from the hobby about 7 years ago when I moved from Colorado to Arizona. I had a 50 gal reef up there with a 27 gal sump, mainly softies and lps. The tank was great till a local water supply algae bloom pretty much crashed it. RO/DI for me forever now! I started to get the bug a few months ago and still undecided on which tank to get. Been weighing the pros and cons between going with the Red Sea Reefer Max Nano or doing a Waterbox 20 gal AIO cube with AI Prime lighting. I love that the Red Sea comes with everything but I also know I would ditch the mechanical ATO for a better one. I also saw a few IM 30L tanks on youtube and that screwed me up even more. Really would love to figure out a setup with a small display with sump as I love having more volume/hiding equipment. I do like that if I go with something other than the RedSea I can get exactly what I want for components, tho it might end up costing more in the long run the tank will get wet a little faster since I can wait to buy certain components like the skimmer etc. Going to do a nice slow build with this tank, all dry rock with a focus on keeping hitchhikers out of the tank. Will also setup a small QT tank so I can do things right from the get-go. Had Marine Velvet once and lost a few fish to it so not gonna make that mistake again. Stocking goals are light, just a couple of small fish but want the ability to keep a small clam. I gotta say the changes in the hobby are awesome compared to what we had less than a decade ago! Anyways, love the forum! Yall have awesome tanks and great advice on here!!

Welcome back!... Great to have you as part of the R2R Family…

Explore…Learn…Share

1qNU.gif

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back