Hows the lobo looking?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first lobo, dipped, and added. How’s it looking ? I mean i know its just been added few hours ago, lights off for today. But do you guys see anything bad about it

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell from the video, but I can help you out with this one. If you look from the bottom does it have any large, circular holes through the skeleton? Any small holes in the polyp/tissue? If no to those questions than as long as no skeleton is poking through than you got a healthy lobo. Can you get a photo with the lights on?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell from the video, but I can help you out with this one. If you look from the bottom does it have any large, circular holes through the skeleton? Any small holes in the polyp/tissue? If no to those questions than as long as no skeleton is poking through than you got a healthy lobo. Can you get a photo with the lights on?
Heres its this morning

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres its this morning

Anyway looks good! Good polyp extension, no recession. Did you notice anything like this while dipping it though?
Screenshot_20231101_092410_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231101_092421_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont remember being fully honest. Why what does those hopes represent?
They're very common in lobophyllia, specifically all wild caught lobophyllia. They are the burrows of boring clams, which are a common parasite in lobos. The holes you normally find are abandoned burrows, as the clam usually dies when the colony is processed, despite the clam being dead, the burrows can cause irritation and recession in lobos. They also poke out of the top, so if you see any very small holes in the tissue that's not a mouth than it could be one, though its highly unlikely if it's an aquacultured colony

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're very common in lobophyllia, specifically all wild caught lobophyllia. They are the burrows of boring clams, which are a common parasite in lobos. The holes you normally find are abandoned burrows, as the clam usually dies when the colony is processed, despite the clam being dead, the burrows can cause irritation and recession in lobos. They also poke out of the top, so if you see any very small holes in the tissue that's not a mouth than it could be one, though its highly unlikely if it's an aquacultured colony
Okay, yes i found one hole at the bottom. Now what do i do? Do i talk with the seller for a refund? And remove the lobo from the tank? Or it wont recover by its own?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps one from top down and a photo of the bottom? The video is a bit hard to see...
Hi. This is the best i can do. The lobo is already heavy. And im trying to capture with the other hand. No blue filter for my phone. And i cant get the glasses while holding the coral. I dont see any holes like that at the bottom of the lobo. Theres one similar hole near the lobo but not on the skeleton, and not poking from the other side. Its liek seperate hole

Attachments

• IMG_7467.jpeg
    IMG_7467.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 27

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. This is the best i can do. The lobo is already heavy. And im trying to capture with the other hand. No blue filter for my phone. And i cant get the glasses while holding the coral. I dont see any holes like that at the bottom of the lobo. Theres one similar hole near the lobo but not on the skeleton, and not poking from the other side. Its liek seperate hole

As long as it's not through the Lobo than you should be good!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back