Hydra 52

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kuruptko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 reef tank ,I have 3 hydra 52s I'm trying to set up my lights for best growth any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

JayBABQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 reef tank ,I have 3 hydra 52s I'm trying to set up my lights for best growth any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
My best advice is to rent or borrow a PAR meter and do tests on your aquascape. Every tank is different depending on height of lights and depth of tank as well as the rock structure. I learned a lot about my setup by renting a PAR meter from nextlight. There are plenty of suggestions of PAR readings for the various coral types and no shortage of controversy. I like BRS and their investigates series. They lean toward shooting for 250 in as much of the tank as possible. Good luck. Oh BRS also rents meters now. FYI I'm running a 52 over one side for all the sps corals and 2 26s over the rest of the tank. I get 250-300 over my sps colonies about half the tank and 150 over my lps. But that is my unconventional setup on a 150gal waterbox 170.4/5

Last edited:

wlj3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The David Saxby setting is real popular. Just download it off AI's website and plug/play.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back