I’m Donna . A newbe to Reefing. So excited to learn new things.

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef! You have some great suggestions! Many traps out there and manual removal with tweezers works well. Natural predators are my personal choice. I’m not into dosing to eliminate things as it usually leads to other issues then you just go from issue to issue.

OP
OP
Medonna23

Medonna23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef! You have some great suggestions! Many traps out there and manual removal with tweezers works well. Natural predators are my personal choice. I’m not into dosing to eliminate things as it usually leads to other issues then you just go from issue to issue.
If they don’t bother anything, I don’t mind. Thank you for your feedback

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello & Welcome Donna!
IMG_9144.jpeg

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
How to get rid of Bristle worms? Or just ignore???
Unless they become overwhelming they are a great CUC (Clean Up Crew) (lol I try to add for the common abbreviations as I had to look them all up). Fire worms are a different story, but are generally brighter red. Bristle worms will eat detritus and left over food helping to keep your sand bed cleaner.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Medonna23 Welcome to the reef. I discovered this forum as it seemed to always come up when I googled a question. Finally joined, then chose to become a supporting member and later a partner member to keep the forum available for others to come. My wife @Ocean_Queenie and I started culturing copepods and phytoplankton eventually selling some on here as a hobbyist. Eventually we decided to try to make a career out of it so we are now sponsors as well. I love the Reef2 Reef community here and the wealth of knowledge. Thanks for joining us.

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I siphon out the little ones with a baster every time I see them. I don’t know if it’s enough to control the population but it’s what I do. They do scavenge all the leftover detritus so they are a good CUC member. Welcome to R2R!!!

Zoom In Coral Reef GIF by Justin

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back