I believe I have dinos? Or something else.

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you increase your flow?
The problem is with that I only have stock flow on the fluval evo 13.5. I have both of nozzles pointed at a monti and I don't want to lessen its flow. If anyone knows of a budget pump I'll see what I can do.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The problem is with that I only have stock flow on the fluval evo 13.5. I have both of nozzles pointed at a monti and I don't want to lessen its flow. If anyone knows of a budget pump I'll see what I can do.
Look at Random Flow Generator nozzles. Economical.

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the junk on the coral.... it's really taking over. Weirdly enough the coral is doing amazing (the polyps that arent covered at least) its sprouted more polyps since I last took the picture but I'm starting to get legitimately worried about this
20181014_175234.jpeg
20181014_175241.jpeg

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also for the cyano: anyone have experience with chemi clean?

Sobiech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It worked fantastically in my 20g. I tried increasing flow and reducing light and I couldn’t catch a break. One dose of chemi clean according to the instructions and 3 days later it was all gone. It’s been about 2 months now and I haven’t seen any cyano popping up. There was no effect on fish or corals in the tank

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked fantastically in my 20g. I tried increasing flow and reducing light and I couldn’t catch a break. One dose of chemi clean according to the instructions and 3 days later it was all gone. It’s been about 2 months now and I haven’t seen any cyano popping up. There was no effect on fish or corals in the tank
Did you have to do big water changes after you dosed it?

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had pretty bad cyano. Had to remove chemical filtration while treating ich and cyano got crazy. After I got the ich knocked down with herbals and UV sterilization, I took the vacuum tube off of my siphon, and vacuumed with just the hose to remove as much cyano as I could (very effective with just the hose). Then I dosed chemiclean (follow the instructions). After 24 hours I had 95% eradication. Instead of water changing and redosing, I left it in for 12 more hours (not following the instructions) and had zero trace of cyano then I did the prescribed 20% water change and added back my chemical filtration (purefiltrum, or chemi-pure, or carbon, whatever you are running). Been looking good for a month now. If you use chemi-clean, and you do not "wipe out" the cyano, it can build a resistance and become SUPER CYANO.

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had pretty bad cyano. Had to remove chemical filtration while treating ich and cyano got crazy. After I got the ich knocked down with herbals and UV sterilization, I took the vacuum tube off of my siphon, and vacuumed with just the hose to remove as much cyano as I could (very effective with just the hose). Then I dosed chemiclean (follow the instructions). After 24 hours I had 95% eradication. Instead of water changing and redosing, I left it in for 12 more hours (not following the instructions) and had zero trace of cyano then I did the prescribed 20% water change and added back my chemical filtration (purefiltrum, or chemi-pure, or carbon, whatever you are running). Been looking good for a month now. If you use chemi-clean, and you do not "wipe out" the cyano, it can build a resistance and become SUPER CYANO.
Oh god you saying SUPER CYANO really makes me scared.

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 103 42.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 48.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back