I have waited a long time for this :)

Jhoekstra84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R community,

I have been wanting to build a reef tank for a long time, but have never taken the plunge until this last August. I have had an Evo 13.5 up and running since then - I know that the base tank you should be jumping in with is a 40 gallon breeder, but at the time the Evo is all I could budget for. I live in northwest Indiana where my wife and I raise our 5 wonderful children. I have been interested in the hobby for about the last 10+ years and have always come to the forum to seek knowledge as I have built out my wish-list tanks :)

I am looking forward to starting this journey with this community,

Jordan

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Happy to have you here and can't wait to see your tank!

good bye hello GIF

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R forums! Lots good info to dig up and a friendly community of people that are happy to help out with answers. I started small myself although I have a 60 gallon all in one now.
C6669B1A-E960-40D9-A7AB-45EC603146A8.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R community,

I have been wanting to build a reef tank for a long time, but have never taken the plunge until this last August. I have had an Evo 13.5 up and running since then - I know that the base tank you should be jumping in with is a 40 gallon breeder, but at the time the Evo is all I could budget for. I live in northwest Indiana where my wife and I raise our 5 wonderful children. I have been interested in the hobby for about the last 10+ years and have always come to the forum to seek knowledge as I have built out my wish-list tanks :)

Jordan
Hello Jordan and welcome to r2r
Feel free to ask for help or advice along your journey

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R community,

Jordan

Hi Jordan and Welcome! Glad you joined. Don't regret your tank size! With all the nanos and picos coming out, I think perceptions will change over time. Since we manage water mostly in this hobby, larger is just more forgiving but I've seen spectacular tanks nearly the size of my soda can!! You remind me of one of my favorite quotes: "start where you are, use what you have, do what you can." - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you and your family in Cedar Lake:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back