I received a box of rocks today.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Thanks. I actually did some sketchwork visualizations for these Zoas as well.

I started with the individual pieces over my rockwork looking for placement and combination ideas (along the bottom)
3DD0D181-DBE9-46BF-A668-0328207EE003.jpeg

Then once I had a sense of where they would go I simply started looking for the best color combinations using larger images.
7FBED15A-5631-4887-9A5E-5844C49F877E.jpeg

8F8AABF1-9C3D-4C0C-B013-1E62E0285324.jpeg

This was all done using Google Slides, a free PowerPoint type of application. It really helps me get an idea of what I want and don’t want. I will let them open and get a sense of their true color before glueing anything down. Using the visualizations above will help me from ending up covered in glue trying to decide what the heck I should do.
Looks like a nice selection for your flower garden!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your tank is gorgous. I think you are going to love all the color the zoas bring. I did what you did after my tank crash. Best decision I made

I'm sure you thought of this but a bone cutter will take care of the stem and it will look a little.more natural. Can you add names to the zoas. I think i know a couple.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you add names to the zoas. I think i know a couple.
I didn’t even ask. Didn’t really care to be honest. Probably will wish I had them one day, but eh.

P. S. I do have bone cutters and will use them. Was looking closely when I put them in. Some will be easy to get off and some I can razor off. Only a few of the smaller ones will require a bit of the plug remaining.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like @sfin52 said the tank is gorgeous!
Full of life with a great balance. With the new direction little color will be nice down low.

This tank and journey should be looked over by new comers Always was one of my favorite tanks and I love it even more with the new direction

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank and journey should be looked over by new comers Always was one of my favorite tanks and I love it even more with the new direction
Thank you! As you know the first year of the tank was rocking with SPS and LPS. It was expensive and hard work, but it paid off in beauty. I never would have even set up a tank if I knew my life would unexpectedly change so drastically.

When my ex and I split and I moved out the tank suffered greatly. Several issues came one after another. After thinking a long time, I knew what was best for me and the tank. A nice, relaxing revisit to my early days in the hobby which were fun and stress free. I have seen so many tanks crash or fail from mechanical failures, dinos and just life in general. I just cannot go through that again.

I am honestly very happy with where the tank is right now and where it is heading.

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! As you know the first year of the tank was rocking with SPS and LPS. It was expensive and hard work, but it paid off in beauty. I never would have even set up a tank if I knew my life would unexpectedly change so drastically.

When my ex and I split and I moved out the tank suffered greatly. Several issues came one after another. After thinking a long time, I knew what was best for me and the tank. A nice, relaxing revisit to my early days in the hobby which were fun and stress free. I have seen so many tanks crash or fail from mechanical failures, dinos and just life in general. I just cannot go through that again.

I am honestly very happy with where the tank is right now and where it is heading.
You should be. The beauty of the nems and clowns and the colorful zoas.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great zoa pack. :)
I always keep a box or two of this in baskets curing, very handy. :)

DSC_0002 (1024x716).jpg

DSC_0005 (1024x683).jpg
Ha! I keep a bag of rubble rock in a back chamber. There are a couple of small shelf pieces in there also. Kind of turned into a mini cryptic zone, but always available when needed.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back