Ich, Velvet, ... Brook?

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a 90 with a pair of Blue Jaw Triggers. Recently I traded a rick of Palys for two skunk clowns and a coral beauty that was supposed to be 4". Since then my male Trigger showed up with Ich. I cured him in QT. Bur after puttong him back both Triggers had it and the Coral Beauty. It might have been Velvet. It was hard to see it. So I cured them all in QT and put the Clowns in there too. I used my Vortex Diatom in the DT the entire time the fish were being treated. It is able to filter Ich and Velvet from the water. Not 100% but a high percentage. Enough that health fush can stay healthy. So wel'll see if it works.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I run a 90 with a pair of Blue Jaw Triggers. Recently I traded a rick of Palys for two skunk clowns and a coral beauty that was supposed to be 4". Since then my male Trigger showed up with Ich. I cured him in QT. Bur after puttong him back both Triggers had it and the Coral Beauty. It might have been Velvet. It was hard to see it. So I cured them all in QT and put the Clowns in there too. I used my Vortex Diatom in the DT the entire time the fish were being treated. It is able to filter Ich and Velvet from the water. Not 100% but a high percentage. Enough that health fush can stay healthy. So wel'll see if it works.
It will be impossible to assess what they have without a few pics of all fish under white lighting

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are clear now. Just waiting to see of they stay that way
I’ve always failed to fully remove ich tomonts using a diatom filter. Did you stir the substrate up really well while running the filter?
Jay

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but I wasn't prepared to remove everythhjng from the tank (inverts and corals) and treat the tank. It may come to that. Maybe it will be over and they will be strong enough. The filter can't remove all of it but hopefully enough that healthy fish can stay healty.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back