purple_jeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

ICP: Link

Only my second ICP so I was wondering if someone could put a second pair of eyes on it and see if there is anything I should try to correct for?

Phosphates seem higher than my Hanna Checker so I'll look into that, I use Tropic Marin pro Reef salt and dose All for Reef, tank is about 18 months old. I have a grump RBA so that and just curiosity is why I did an ICP.

I am also confused by the high silicon in my RODI as I changed the DI and all the filters (not the membrane) about a month or so ago... Ill have to test my city water. Not sure it maters but I do use a water softener with Potassium instead of Sodium salt.

Cheers

Chris

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the value of the Si in your rodi water? What I see in the icp report on tank water is fine for Si.
Aluminum at ~50ppb isn't great. Probably not hurting anything, but I'd think about what might be adding a bunch of Al.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Si is never any concern if you do not have problematic levels of diatoms.

I’d raise the salinity to 35 ppt, bring up calcium and potassium that way, and I’d consider trying a trace element supplement to see if it is helpful.

OP
OP
purple_jeep

purple_jeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Si is 2107 ug/L (if you click the osmosis tab in the link it shows the RODI)

I had a problem with diatoms recently that drove me to replace the Di and filters as I think I ran the DI a little too long. The Diatoms cleared up and I really don't want them to come back....

So a trace element supplement on top of the All for Reef or should I just bump up the all for reef dose?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Si is 2107 ug/L (if you click the osmosis tab in the link it shows the RODI)

I had a problem with diatoms recently that drove me to replace the Di and filters as I think I ran the DI a little too long. The Diatoms cleared up and I really don't want them to come back....

So a trace element supplement on top of the All for Reef or should I just bump up the all for reef dose?

Is that 2107 after you replaced the resin? Maybe you need a better DI.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back